Thursday, August 09, 2007

Today's topic

Ok today I chose the topic of childhood friends.....I have one friend I met in Mississippi in 8th grade when we were both new to town and on the same bus. Her name is Anna and we spent the following summer sleeping over at each other's houses almost every night and walking to the neighborhood pool each day - we both slimmed down and turned into teenagers basically then. I have so many wonderful memories of the short time we lived near each other. Since then we have met a few times - she came to my wedding, then I saw her in Texas before my brother's wedding.....and we email on and off too - I'm so glad we are still in touch!

I also have one high school friend that I try to see a few times a year - as she is a short drive away. Her name is June and we became stuck like glue senior year of high school and even more the following summer. We went through good times and bad together, figured out a reasonable amount of socializing and the fact that some places we went dancing were not good choices to find future husbands! LOL Eventually we both married and she moved out of town but we still love to get together and reminisce.....I wish I had some recent pics on the computer to share but I don't!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing. It´s just so awesome to have friends all the way back from your childhood. I whish I had

    ReplyDelete
  2. TFS....I still love my girlfriends from elementary and highschool...they helped to make me what and who I am today....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice trip down memory lane, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete