The best thing about being off all summer has been catching up with friends - I've had lunch with a lot of my working buddies in the last few weeks - I MISS going to lunch as I could in my old office days - at school there's just no time unless it's a teacher workshop day or something. So it's been great to hook up with everyone and catch up with their lives - and with my scrapbooking buddies the conversations are even more fun!
I just started reading a book last night (ok I have one to read for my book club that is not finished, must go back to it!) by Kay Hooper...I love her psychic FBI crime series! She continues with the same characters in each book, yet adds a new psychic or two and creates a new relationship in each as well - they are fun but a little spooky!
Been reading a lot of Children's books too so I can share and review with my students - I LOVE the chapter books for my upper elementary level on thru middle school! I just read Patrick Carman's series (he lives in nearby Walla Walla) and finished the Charlie Bone series (kids love series so I'm checking a lot of them out)...now I'm reading A Tale of Desperaux which was written by Kate DiCamillo (Because of Winn Dixie).......they are short easy reads and often tell great stories!
In between I'm catching up on Scrapbooking magazines and Idea books - just got Ali Edwards book on patterned paper - it rocks!
No new pics to share but I hope to scrap some today!
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Thanks for the book review, Diana! I'm going to check into Kay Hooper's books for my mom. She is totally into that type of book! Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteOh! I've heard many great things about Ali's new book so it will be in my home soon, I'm sure!
ReplyDeleteOhhh a book series I haven't read!
ReplyDelete