
Two times a year I pull out the tissues, I bear down for an emotional day and I honor the memory of my daughter, Delaney Rianne. Today would have been her 5th birthday and I'm taking this one extra hard. She should be in preschool getting ready to go on to elementary school. I feel so robbed. We would've had a big party with friends and family and some cute theme. Instead, I went to the park and sat by her memorial dogwood and cried. I miss her so much, more so now as more time passes without another child. We are still trying and hope we have another chance, even while knowing that no one can replace this sweet angel. She taught so much to so many, even those who did not know her...she endured a long hard fight with a rare, brutal disease. I can still remember almost every single minute of her last day.
But today is a happy memory - a memory of 23 hours of labor and 5 hours of pushing (ok, that part is not a happy memory!), but then the joy of holding her for the first time and watching my mom and dad become grandparents. Of seeing Jeff crying while wearing scrubs and holding her. Of the visitors that came and the compliments on how beautiful she was. The joy that floods your heart when you have a child is indescribable; and today that is the memory I want to preserve. So here's a picture of that wonderful day of holding her.
Enjoy the new music I put at the bottom.......it is a tearjerker but so beautiful!
May you be eating cake with the angels today, girliegirl!




Diana,
ReplyDeleteMy heart, thoughts and prayers go out to you today. What a beautiful picture of the two of you, thanks for sharing Delaney's birthday.
Hugs,
Cricket
Diana my heart goes out to you and Jeff. What a beautiful angel blessed your life, although much too short a time. Thank you for sharing this beautiful photo of the two of you. I will continue to keep your family in prayer.
ReplyDeleteHugs to you, Diana (and Jeff, too). What a special tribute to Delaney's memory.
ReplyDeleteShari
Diana,
ReplyDeleteYou're such a wonderful mother! Hugs and prayers for you today (and always). I'm really looking forward to the day when you tell us that Delaney's sister or brother is on the way.
What a lovely photo and tribute. Thanks for opening your heart. You remind me to be truly thankful for my blessings.
Sara
Hugs Sweetie, she was blessed to have such a wonderful family loving her now and forever.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a strong person Diana. I will say a prayer for you and you Angel baby today.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers that you will be blessed again, I know you will make a wonderful Mother (again)!
ReplyDeletebit hugs
(((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteDiana my heart goes out to you. I know how you feel, it hurts so bad when you lose a child. It for me has not gotten any easier. But it has gotten "different" If you ever need to talk to anyone I am here :o)
ReplyDeleteHUGS
Jeanne
Hugs to you, Diana, Jeff and your Angel.
ReplyDeleteJennie
Oh Diana, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family on this day!
ReplyDeleteYou are a strong and wonderful person......with lots of love to give.
Keep the Faith my friend!
What a beautiful picture of you and your sweet baby! I truly wish that I could show up on your doorstep and give you a big, tight bear hug.
ReplyDeleteI'm saying my prayers and sending you both hugs!
love ya!
(((my heart goes out to you)) no one should have to endure the heartache you have been through -- many hugs and thoughts heading your way through this time xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteDiana: I'm getting caught up on my blog reading so my apologies for not posting here on Delaney's bday. But you know that I was thinking about your little girl and continue to remember what an incredible joy she was and continues to be. Although she was very young at the time, Samantha still remembers being able to hold her during our visit to the hospital to say "hello" to this precious bundle. Always thinking of you, Delaney, and hope to be there to witness your reunion with mommy and daddy!
ReplyDelete