Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Just wanting to say that to all my friends who read this and are mothers. May you have a great day with your kids and/or your moms. I will be spending time with my mom, who is the best for so many reasons......I could get deep and sad but let's just say she's ALWAYS there for me! This day is always hard for me as I don't get to spend it with my daughter, but I'd like to think she's going to send me some sunshine from heaven tomorrow.

Added a new video (and a baseball clock! Go Mariners) to my blog today. I really love Carrie Underwood's voice - love the Cheating song but this one has more inspiration to it to not waste years....feel like I've done that a bit in deciding on having children.....all of a sudden the years creep up on you and you're left going "What the heck?" But really I am grateful for all the GOOD that I have filled my years with, even after the worst happened.

We've been painting the trim on our house this weekend; Jeff picked out the color - it's nice -quite subtle - I was thinking a darker brown trim but this is growing on me. Next we paint the fascia (sp?) white as well as the big around the garage. We did all this because they previous people left the trim in the back a mint green and since we had to redo that and didn' thave the color the front was done in, we decided to redo the whole thing - a bit of curb appeal going on. I also picked out new numbers for the house (going back as the adhesive kind don't stick well to stucco) and outdoor lights that I LOVE (one is going back because it came with no hardware, so I gotta exchange it). Home Depot has seen A LOT of me lately - Sooooooo glad they relocated very close to us!
Just thought I'd share a pic I took of a sunset in our area - we get some great ones sometimes with our hills and open space we have living here. Gotta see if I can photoshop that light out of it tho!
Have a great day tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Diana I will be thinking of you tomorrow and just know that your angel knows you love her with all your heart. And truly that is what being mom is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful pict. I know tomorrow will be hard for you! I will be thinking of you. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day with your Mom. You deserve so much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs, Diana. My love and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete