Monday, January 21, 2008

Our little arrival is here!


Little Calleigh Rianne Scott was born on January 14, 2008 at 10:44 a.m. It was an amazing day and experience for us! I woke up at 2:30 in the morning and my water broke! Shocked me! We got to the hospital at 3am and were hooked up to monitors for the next 7 hours - it was a looooooong anxious morning - the hardest part I think......I was so nervous and was still coughing and had some contractions that got somewhat painful but then faded away. Jeff was very uncomfortable in the chair he had to sit in - felt bad for him then.......just after 10 we finally went into the OR...what a small room! The only hitch of the operation was getting the spinal in me - she had to poke me in 5 or 6 places - ugh - it was the moving around of the needle that hurt! I had some bruising after that. Finally she got it in and gave me the med - bam, I was numb within a minute! They finished setting up and put up the sheet and called Jeff in - then they said "we already started!" After last time having felt them cut me and then receiving gas, I was relieved - and with Jeff there I was able to relax and almost enjoy the rest of it.......the staff was so friendly and music was on so it really helped me. Not long and I heard them talk about her hair, then another minute and there she was. They all laughed as she instantly spread her arms and legs out - Dr. called her "Superbaby"! Giggle - I just loved hearing that cry and so I began to cry too - just enough for a tear to run into my ear - the anesthesiologist took care of that - she was fabulous! So they kept reporting what was going on as I listened in and finally I saw her - instant love of course! Jeff was smiling so hard and he had a mask on - but I could tell! Then he and the nurse headed off to the nursery and it was just me. I was listening to make sure the Drs weren't worried about anything and they seemed fine. At one point I even said I was bored! LOL Finally it was all over and they slid me onto my bed using some cool rolling thing and we headed out. Met my parents at the front desk and gave them a smile (Dad has pic I'll share sometime). Finally got to my room and was settling in when Calleigh arrived with her daddy. Oh holding her was so awesome! After the official recovery time was over my parents and grandparents came in to celebrate........it was a great day!


During my stay we had lots of visitors - both family and friends......I didn't mind as I was so happy! I had the best nurses helping me with everything during the stay! My pain stayed manageable the whole time, although getting up and down and walking was tough! Finally we went home on Wednesday.....it has been a tough adjustment but we've done ok! My mom has been here daily to help with anything and other family and friends have come too.....I am just now starting to feel stronger and moving a bit more!


Anyway, wanted to share a few pictures with Mommy, Daddy and a few since we've been home! You can see her jaundice, but we think it's getting better. She had a good visit with the nurse at the hospital clinic today! She's gaining back weight she lost and feeding well (most of the time).
Thanks for all the support and well wishes during the past week - and during the pregnancy! Stay tuned for more updates!

23 comments:

  1. She really is a beautiful baby Diana!! I teared up reading your post. I'm so happy for you and Jeff! I hope the c-section heals super fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana,

    Calleigh is so beautiful! You look so happy! I'm just so happy for you and Jeff! Calleigh is such an answer to prayer.

    Hugs,

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a beautiful baby. Glad things went well and you had nice staff at the hospital. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so adorable! I am SOOOOO happy for you and Jeff. Can't wait to hear more updates and see more pics!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so beautiful and I am so glad things went so well for you all. The feeding thing is so hard and I remember how you are feeling, just know this too will pass and drink lots and lots of water- so much you think you will float away! that was the best advise I got - drink a HUGe thing of water evereytime you nurse. It really hels with suly and also fatigue. Hugs to you and your new little one! Oh and no feeling guilty bout the bottle :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. im just so stinkin happy for you Diana! She is precious and I know you will adore her forever! Hang in there with the feeding, I know how rough that first week is, I nearly gave up! Many hugs to you and Calleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana -- she is beautiful! That sweet little face & all that hair!

    Keep resting & enjoying holding that little one.

    Congratulations!

    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww....she's beautiful Diana. I'm so happy for you guys...you both look so happy and content. I love her little cheeks...too cute.
    Thanks for sharing her. I'm so glad it all went so well..and I hope that your recovery continues to go well. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's beautiful, Diana!
    Take all the help you can get, too. As for healing, one day it will just feel better. Hopefully you received and are wearing an abdominal binder. That was what helped me through the healing process! I wore that for almost two weeks.
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that you are all settling into a rhythm! She's a totally cutie and I know she is so loved! I have a few things that I need to drop by so will give you a call when I have a little time to do so. Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diana she is absolutley beautiful!!! I'm glad you have so much help. Just take things slow and before you know it everything will be running smooth!! Give yourself time to heal! ((huge hugs)) and CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so so adorable !! The prettiest little girl around ;-) It was touching to read your story, glad you 'enjoyed' your c-section and everything went smoothly. Now relax and enjoy this little one (and give her an extra hug from me, she is sooo sweet !)

    xx
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  13. she is simply gorgeous!!!!!! look at that thick hair. Beautiful. just Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOH I am soooo happy for you all.. What a gorgeous little girl.. you both look so happy and excited... My thoughts and prayers and happiness is with you all!!!!
    love ya gal,
    T
    co-owner of TTS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Diana I am beyond thrilled for you and Jeff! God certainly answers prayer in the most BEAUTIFUL way doesn't He? Calleigh is such a lucky little girl to have the both of you to share her life. God bless you all......always!
    Love,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diana, she is just a doll. I am so glad to hear you are feeling stronger. Calleigh looks so precious in the pictures, I just know you and Jeff are having a grand time when she is not sleeping. May god keep blessing you both.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so, so happy for you!!!!! & for Jeff!!!!
    She is such a beauty.
    I love her little round face, sweet features & her hair!
    I wish you so many blessings with her Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  18. She's just beautiful, Diana! Congratulations to you and Jeff.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. she is soooo pretty! I love all that hair and you and Jeff look great too! Enjoy the heck out of her!

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is so beautiful! I'm thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so happy for you Diana! She's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Calleigh! You are so beautiful! You are lucky to be born into such a wonderful family. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. She is adorable!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete