Saturday, August 23, 2008

Seven month - belated update

Well life is getting busy with the start of school! We crammed in two mini vacations this month which left me little time to update! We went to Seattle with Grandma and Grandpa and Mima Lacey and went to the zoo and to Cousin Jason's wedding (right by my old hangout in the Uof W area!). It was pretty fun although a tight fit sleeping! Jeff didin't go on that trip.....but the next week we went down to his Grandma Scott's house for 4 days on the Oregon Coast - it was pretty foggy weather so we didn't hang out on the beach but we enjoyed shopping the Carters outlet (oh Calleigh is SET for awhile) and we went to the Newport Aquarium - Calleigh loved the fish, especially the shiny anchovies that filled a tank!
So now we're back and I'm back to work and she's hanging out with her grandparents and greatgrandma each day - lucky girl!!!!!!
SO the 7th month update; here's what she's doing:
1. Sitting easily on her own; almost can sit up to sitting by herself
2. Beginning to get into crawling position, but doesn't know what to do with that
3. Holds her own bottle to drink
4. Lots of consonant/vowel babbling, and her "monster baby" noises - "graaaaaaaaa"
5. Can hold things between her feet, like her bottle and toys and stuffed animals - little monkey!
6. Eating more "solid" food now and her diapers are showing it!
7. Her hair is growing; the bald spot is disappearing
8. Notices when a toy vanishes behind her; but doesn't fret about it (although I do have to hide the empty bottles when she's done)
9. Sleeping 8-10 hours at night now - with a few interrupted nights like last night (yawn)
10. Balances better when standing and is starting to move her feet to walk but is really wobbly!
11. Gives me kisses by holding my face in both hands and pulling it to her mouth - so sweet!
That's what I can think of - she seems to be following the milestones pretty well so I'm happy - and she's been very healthy too.......it has been a wonderful summer spending my days with her - we are very close have fun playing together. Am figuring out her moods and schedule, which is making things go better - but it doesn't all smooth out at once so things aren't always easy that's for sure!
Anyway, here are some recent pictures....enjoy!





Calleigh at Jason's wedding - sitting in a dark area with light from above; love how professional it looks!

Below is Calleigh in hotel in one of my favorite outfits!
























Calleigh and Daddy looking at the fish














Not always high maintenance!




















Monkey feet!











The Scott family at the beach in Newport!











Mommy and Calleigh at Multnomah Falls



Daddy and Calleigh puddle jumping after a storm!

10 comments:

  1. OMGOSH...she is adorable! Love her rosey cheeks and the way she holds her bottle with her feet! So darn cute! I think she looks a whole lot like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great pics! She's adorable. I love the monkey feet and her reflection in the fish tank. I hope that work goes well and that she slides back into the grandma routine easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is soo adorable! I love all those pics! thanks for updating us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such cute pics! Glad you guys have had such a nice summer!!

    smiles,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved checking out all the pictures, she is just so adorable!
    Wishing you a wonderful school year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's a cutey for sure! Wish mine were still small, but no! They grew up and gave me grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana, she is such a sweetheart! Love those rosy cheeks of hers! You're doing such an awesome job mom...hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is such a little doll!!!! I just wanna squeeze her! *L* Love that pic of her holding her bottle with her feet! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I could just eat her up!!!! you have GOT to get a pikkie of her giving you one of her kisses! I bet her grandparents cant get enough of her

    ReplyDelete
  10. It warms my heart to read these updates each month! She's such a joyful little girl. Looking forward to new pics soon in her new duds!

    P.S. You've been tagged, check my blog!
    P.P.S. I'm watching the slide show of layouts, love the liberty calleigh one! Don't know how I missed it!

    ReplyDelete