I find myself spending lots of time on online scrapbooking message boards and I do feel it may keep me from scrapping to some extent. HOWEVER, they do also motivate me and help me discover new techniques and ideas. So I think the benefits make it worth it. The site I spend the most time on is www.scrapbookjungle.com - I am on the design team and we are constantly putting ideas out - each one of us shares a challenge or two each month so every day a new challenge arrives. Plus we have Club 365 - which is we are all trying to do 365 layouts in one year - some people are well on track and others (me included) are behind - but I like keeping track of my layouts and having a goal to try to reach! I love how this site has beginner up to advanced and published scrappers and all levels are encouraged to share their work!
I am administrator on another site www.ssreflections.com/forums - I was a designer for this ezine for a long time before my school life caught up with me, but with the forums I still can play a part. We are small, but working on some fun things to help bring in more members! The focus is on scrapping, stamping, and altered arts, as is the ezine www.ssreflections.com If you stop in and register at either site, make sure to say hi and mention you actually read this blog! I'm just curious as to who does read this! Another favorite is www.treasurestoscrap.com - I know a lot of people on this site, and it's just fun to hang out without being in charge - I can join in contests, etc, for example! They have some talented ladies and their gallery is full of great ideas!
Think I'll do some scrapping this afternoon; it's sunny (but cold) so I'll open my blinds and enjoy the day a bit - yesterday we finished the flooring in our bedroom and put the closet mirrored sliders back on - the room "looks" huge now! I'll share pics of the floor; my parents gave us leftovers from their new house and this flooring is VERY pricey, but beautiful - it's called Bellawood......we only have it in our master bedroom; the others have cheap laminate that looks like wood (but not near as nice).....it works for us!
Sunday, February 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Diana, you've been tagged! Check out my blog to see the details!
ReplyDeletecricketstamps.blogspot.com
Smiles!
Cricket :)