Thursday, May 11, 2006

Back on track


Well school has kept me busy and uninspired...but I'm going to get back into this - testing is pretty much done (just final reading tests) and we're in the home stretch - gosh I'm ready for summer but will miss these kids!!!!!! I have training the week after school gets out then a conference in July and another in August, so more proof that teachers don't just get three months to be lazy! I'm excited for what I'm going to though - am always willing to learn more to do better at my job! I think this year I did much better than my first year, but I have some areas that I REALLY want to improve next year.

So I have been able to do a little scrapping, but not as much as I want. At www.scrapbookjungle.com I have most of my layouts uploaded. I will share this digital page I just did tonight as I'm proud - this is my favorite photo from my trip to DC - as far as striking an emotional chord - what an amazing place the Vietnam Memorial is - wow... anyway, here it is, hope you like it! My dad went to Vietnam when I was 3 weeks old; I can't imagine how hard it was for him to leave! I'm blessed that he came home and to this day we have a wonderful bond...and I'm lucky to have tons of baby pictures of me that my mom would send (I was their first baby). I watch it happen to families today and it makes me sad, but I know that things are better for military families now and the support from the public is much better!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what an amazing photo! Love the way you scrapped it!

    ReplyDelete