Sunday, May 21, 2006

Slumber parties

Ahh, do I have great memories of slumber parties - deciding who to invite, what would be on the menu, the most important music to listen to (for me Blondie, Grease Soundtrack in my upper elem to middle school days), what crazy games to play, who to dish about, and what jammies to wear....I had some fun ones - the last one ended just one day before Mt. St. Helens blew just a few hundred miles west of us.......pretty amazing and creepy as the sky grew dark that morning! Anyway I digress!

So I volunteered to help my bud Emily with her daughter's 9yo birthday party last night - we held it at a local motel so they could swim and play and cleanup would be minimal - it was really fun! Sure it was VERY loud in the pool room, but once in the bedrooms it was nice - we ate pizza, did a scrapbooking type craft, then watched the movie Hoodwinked (wasn't so sure about it at first, but I enjoyed it by the end!)...the girls were even good about going to bed at a decent hour!

It was fun to reminisce while listening to them talk, play those hand-clapping games (Say say o playmate, etc...) and put interesting combinations of papers together...I had a grownup one once, I think I need to do that again - a great stress-relief for busy moms and teachers!

4 comments:

  1. Diana that sounds like soo much fun! wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what fun that must have been!!! can't wait to have you back to my house to have a slumber party!!! I missed ya this year during CKU!!!
    love your gutz gal!!!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I so remember those days! Sounds like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun! can't wait for those days with my girls! Oh I'm from TTS BTW!

    ReplyDelete