Saturday, May 27, 2006

Yardwork

















Whew, I am so exhausted! My mom and I spent 5 hours doing yardwork today at my house. The house we bought had a VERY neglected yard so little by little we are sprucing it up. See the photos for the area we worked on - 5 hours for that much space doesn't seem like much, but it was covered in weeds, overgrown mint someone had planted, red rock, big river rocks and trash - so after cleaning it up, digging holes, planting the roses, and adding bark, it was 5 hours later! Every muscle hurts but I'm so proud of what we did. I took a macro shot (my favorite kind of photo) of one of my new bushes and LOVE the picture! Enjoy! Hope you are having a great Memorial Day weekend; God Bless our troops!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Memorial Day weekend to you too!! The garden looks great!! The rose photo is GORGEOUS!!! I love roses. I hope the ones I planted bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your macro shot is fab! That rose is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! And your slideshow is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The the photo of the rose!!! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete